The Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association board is in the early planning stages for next year’s Laurapalooza. Mark your calendars now for July 12-14, 2012.
One of our projects at present is working out special benefits for members at the conference. So far we have decided that people who have renewed their July 1, 2011 to July 1, 2012 membership before the end of the calendar year will have 2 weeks of early bird registration before it is opened up to non-members. We also have a couple of ideas for recognizing members at the conference.
In addition, we’d like to have to have some kind of member event at the conference itself. That’s where you come in. We want to offer the type of event that is most appealing to the membership. So please provide feedback. You can either leave a comment here or vote on the Beyond Little House Facebook page. I’ve left the feature on the Facebook poll so you can add to the voting list if you have another idea.
What I’d like for a member event:
- A Wednesday afternoon/evening reception as people are arriving just for members and speakers who have arrived?
- A members- and speakers-only lunch one day of the conference?
- A members- and speakers-only supper one day of the conference?
- A members- and speakers-only late evening reception after evening event?
- Block of reserved seating for members during conference sessions?
- Block of reserved seating for members during an evening event?
- Get to know each other breakfast with sections labeled by interests (Use in schools, TV show, Child Lit, etc.)
- Other ideas?