Today we had Christine Nesser from Greater Mankato on Travel Times. She talked about what there is going on in Mankato while we’re at the conference. We had some issues at the beginning of the episode, but we finally got out of the voice mail loop.
Find walking tours and more information:
- U.S.-Dakota Conflict (mentioned in Little House on the Prairie as the Minnesota Massacre)
- Betsy-Tacy in Mankato
She also mentions these two books.
Listen to our episode about Mankato (again forgive the technical problems at the beginning, it does straighten out fairly quickly).
And here is the list of Christine’s other events:
While you’re in town for the conference you can enjoy some of the following events:
Thursday – July 12
– Songs on the Lawn – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – right across from the Verizon Wireless Center at the Mankato City Government Offices.
– The fantastic Sunday Punch Barbershop Quartet will share music of the Betsy-Tacy and author Maud Hart Lovelace eras. From 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – at the New Ulm Public Library (600 N German Street)
– Croquet and Chardonnay – 5 to 8 p.m. – Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery
– Crazy Day Sidewalk Sales – River Hills Mall – Thursday through Sunday
– The Sound of Music Musical – 7:30 to 10 pm. – Minnesota State University Ted Paul Theatre – Thursday, Friday and Saturday
– Music by Duke Zecco (50s, 60s & 70s) 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Indian Island Winery
– Music by Fish Frye – 7 to 10 p.m. – Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery
– FREE Outdoor Movie Night, Featuring: GHOSTBUSTERS! – 9 to 11 p.m. – 10 Civic Center Plaza
– Live Jazz & Classical keyboard performed by pianist Ben Marti – 6:30 to 9 p.m. – Morgan Creek Vineyard
– Discover the Dakota Culture & Heritage – National Eagle Center Traveling Program – 10 a.m. to noon – Hubbard House (Brought to you by the Blue Earth County Historical Society)
– Live Country music by Tess Erickson – 6 to 8:30 p.m. – Indian Island Winery
– Live Music Entertainment by the Eric Zimmerman Jazz Trio – 7 to 10 p.m. – Chankaska Creek Ranch and Winery
– Neon & the Noble Gases (Classic Rock and Funk ) – 9 p.m. to midnight – Pub 500
– Ice Cream Social and Open House – 1 to 4 p.m. – Our Lady of Good Counsel Campus (Enjoy listening to live music by Warren Streets
and SSNDs featuring favorite songs from the past, touring the grounds, visiting with sisters, and shopping for unique handmade crafts. A chapel
tour and organ demonstrations will be offered at 2 and 3 p.m. Children’s activities such as a bounce house, sidewalk chalk and bubbles will be available.)
– Club Sundays – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Indian Island Winery – (Every Sunday throughout the summer. Bring your club out to the winery and receive $1 off wine tastings and 10% off all food orders!! Club minimum of 8 people. Please call ahead of time if you’d like to bring your club out! 507-317-7914 and ask for Ray.)
– CityArt Walking Sculpture Tours
– Hubbard House – 10 to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday
– City Center Historical Walking Tour
– Veterans Memorial Tour
– Beautiful trails and parks
– Betsy-Tacy Houses