1. If you’d offered to volunteer in any capacity at the conference (especially the people who said you had experience with non-profit status) please, e-mail Beyond Little House as a follow up.
2. Follow up with any colleagues you met at the conference.
3. Share something you learned at the conference with coworkers or friends.
4. For purposes of documenting your professional development, mark which programs you attended in the conference program and save it for future reference.
5. Follow up with any questions about LIWLRA or Laura Ingalls Wilder in general, that may have come up during the conference.
6. Start planning a blog post for Beyond Little House. It doesn’t have to be anything big. It can just be something interesting that you found out, a primary source you like to quote, a good comparison that clicks with others talking about Laura, or an exploration of your most annoying myth might be useful to others in the field. Something that is old hat to you, might be brand new to somebody else.
7. If you attended don’t keep it to yourself, what session did you get the most out of? What is the best thing you learned? Share with friends, family, colleagues and online! 😉
8. Write up a couple of paragraphs about attending the conference for your local paper.
9. Check back for videos once I finish editing them on Trundlebed Tales YouTube site.
10. Follow us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Read the blog, Join our group on LinkedIn
BONUS. Try to hold on to that conference rush a little while and try something new now you’re home.
Looking forward to seeing you at LauraPalooza in July 2015, mark your calendars now!