- Larson Commons aka Cafeteria - This is where the meals from the meal plan or individual purchase are available. It is in the middle of the 3 part building which is the first one you pass on your left once you enter the campus. (#72 on the map) Some parking is available in front and lots of parking is available right across the street in the Southeast Parking lot.
- Caldwell Hall aka the dorms - (#77 on the map) Continuing along Jackrabbit Avenue past Larson Commons, Caldwell Hall will be the second building on your left. You can turn on Grove Lane to be directly in front of the building or watch for the entrances to the Southeast parking lot directly across Jackrabbit Avenue. The dorms are within easy walking distance of Larson Commons. Parking for both the dorms and the cafeteria is in the large lot across the street known as the Southeast parking lot.
- Student Union - (#50 on the map, number is circled) Continue north along Jackrabbit Ave then turn left (west) onto Student Center Lane. Best parking options will be on the east side of the Union. The lot with the parking barrier will be free during the conference so go ahead and park there or one of the adjoining lots. A second large lot is available on the west side of the building. Doors are available near both parking lots on both the east and west side of the union. It’s street address is 1023 Student Center Lane, Brookings, SD 57007.
- The South Dakota State Art Museum - (#106 on the map) There is a ring road around the campus so coming from the dorms to the art museum you can go a couple of different ways. The best parking whichever way you go is behind the police station across the street from the museum, but there are several other lots slightly farther away if that one gets full. You can park anywhere in the lots around the museum there except the places with signs reserving specific spots for the campus police, handicap, etc. From some of the parking lots you may have to walk one or two blocks to get to the museum. They give their address as Medary Avenue. at Harvey Dunn Street, Brookings, SD 57007.
- From dorm the northern route -Travel north on 16th Avenue aka Jackrabbit Avenue then turn left (west) on to North Campus Drive then turn left (south) onto Medary Avenue. The museum will be on your left hand side very roughly about halfway between North Campus Drive and 8th Street. The best parking/police station will be on the right behind the campus police station.
- From the dorm the southern route - Retrace your steps south on 16th Ave aka Jackrabbit Avenue, turn left (west) onto 8th Street, then turn right (north) on Medary Avenue. With this route the museum will be on your right and the police station will be on your left.
- Finally, if the art museum is your first stop, turn north on to Medary Ave aka 471st Street from Highway 14 and drive straight for 4 blocks. This will put the museum on your right and the police station with parking behind it on your left.
Directions on the SDSU Campus
This information has already come your way, but I wanted to remind everybody about where to find things on campus. You will probably come into Brookings from either the east or the west on Highway 14 aka the Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Highway. From either direction turn NORTH on to the campus grounds via Jackrabbit Avenue aka 16th Avenue from Highway 14. Note that the same street is labeled 16th Avenue on the campus maps and Jackrabbit Avenue on the city maps. I've used Jackrabbit Avenue in the description below (mainly because I like it better), but it may be labeled either way depending on what map or navigation device you're using. So 16th Avenue = Jackrabbit Avenue. Numbers given below are from the official campus map which matches the map we sent out. As a reminder I've been assured by multiple people on campus that the only parking places they are ticketing this summer are those with individual signs, so don't park in a police spot, a handicap spot, or one with a particular sign on an individual spot or a short range of spots and you should be fine.