We are setting up committees to manage the work of planning and executing a conference. We are all volunteers and we appreciate helping hands! In particular, we are looking for people with interests and expertise in:
- Public relations and communication
We also need some planning volunteers for the following committees:
- Advertising (finding advertisers to include in our conference program)
- Vending (seeking vendors to display their wares and information during the conference)
- Silent Auction (gathering goods to auction for our primary fundraising activity)
- Organize field trip to Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home & Museum in Mansfield (coordinate with home-site and transportation, etc.)
And finally, we will need on-site volunteers to help with the following activities:
- Registration (working at the table to help people get checked in)
- Silent Auction (set-up, tear-down, sitting in the area during bidding, and finding bid winners after they are announced)
- Field trip to Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home & Museum in Mansfield (assist with onsite logistics)
- Social media (live-tweeting the meeting, taking pictures to post on Twitter and Facebook)
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these committees and activities, please take our LauraPalooza 2017 - Committee Request Survey and contact Dr. Laura McLemore (email@example.com), who will coordinate all of our volunteers.
One last call for people: We are looking for published authors and illustrators of Wilder-inspired work who may wish to participate in an authors’ signing session. If you would like to have a table for selling your books and signing autographs, go here.